© Ochir-Erdene Oyunmedeg - unsplash.com
EmpathiCH: Unravelling Empathy-Centric Design
The official proceedings are out!. Check them out here.
Stimulated by this discussion, the expertise, and experiences of the participants will be combined during a participatory session to shape the future of the “Empathy Design at Scale” research agenda.
Paper submission: February 23, 2023 Notification of acceptance: March 6th, 2023 Final revision deadline: Friday March 17th, 2023 AoE.
- Workshop day: April 23, 2023 in room Y07
We invite you to register for the workshop using the instructions found here.
We believe that there is a need to expand theories, novel assessment methods, and empirical studies to increase our understanding of empathy and support the human-centered design of technologies and services. In particular, we seek to:
- consolidate the existing theoretical and conceptual constructs of empathy from diverse domains including Psychology, Social Sciences, Design, and HCI,
- coalesce them to form a comprehensive and coherent framework that utilizes empathy as a new dimension of human-factors research and practice,
- scrutinize the seams of Empathy-Centric Design, specifically, the scenarios where it may come in conflict with human dignity, societal values and ethical principles (for example, instrumentalizing Empathy-Centric Design for large scale manipulation or abasement), and
- examine the overarching attributes of Empathy-Centric Design including its temporality and materiality.
Please direct any and all questions to Wo Meijer (email@example.com) or Luce Drouet (firstname.lastname@example.org).